Sliding Sash Window
The most traditional form of a timber window designed to suit you.
The traditional timber sliding sash window has been around for decades and is a conservationist’s preferred type of window. Commonly seen in Stately homes the sliding sash window has been adapted by many new build developments over the years.
Our beautifully crafted windows incorporate an economical spring balanced method of operation as opposed to the traditional lead weighted sashes of the old age. At AJB we strongly believe that joinery must move with the times and with strict guidelines set by the building regulations, many of the traditional aspects have been modernised.
Simple and elegant glazing bars are now used to create the traditional appearance of multiple cross bars allowing the usage of double and triple glazed units. All of our sliding sash windows have been enhanced to incorporate a full weather protection and draught proof system.
- Fully adjustable spiral balances
- Sash fitch catches and lifts fitted
- Elegant period slimline glazing bars
- Manufactured from Chain of Custody certified sustainable timber
- Flexibility to produce a wide range of styles and designs
- Designed to meet Timber Window BS644: 2003
- Espagnollette locking system for the highest level of security
- High quality ironmongery with a child/ fire safety option
- 24mm Low E hard-coat double glazed glass with optional argon filled or triple glazing to meet “Part N” building regulations
- High performance weather seal
- “Clever Bead Technology” to disclose traditional pin method
- Trickle ventilation to meet "Part F" building regulations
- Fully factory finished paints and stains available
For further information regarding designs, specification and CAD drawings please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org